Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lancaster smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete control of your Lancaster home’s security and automation. See what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lancaster benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View live or saved footage from your linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lancaster by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will show a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lancaster
Even though various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and provide the info to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lancaster smart home. Call (717) 922-5237 to learn more.