What should you do when your Lancaster home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your loved ones – against the various risks you might encounter, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Although your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Lancaster home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often startling, confusing, and could incite panic. Your best option is to stay composed and abide by these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Lancaster Triggers
It’s a circumstance no one desires to encounter, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been activated. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency on your own instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the event of a burglary, this might mean moving to an appointed safe room as far away from points of entry as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm already deterred the intruder, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you need to leave your home immediately.
- Don’t forget your phone. These days, almost all homeowners have their cell phones with them always, but you could fail to grab it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring experts and receive updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Lancaster goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will spring to action. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The protocol they follow is dependent on the type of emergency. To illustrate, if a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is dispatched. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most frequent type of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these steps to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you using the command hub. You will typically be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again once the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Assistance will still be sent even if you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Lancaster
Get prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Lancaster from Vivint. Contact (717) 922-5237 to start customizing your home’s security today.